Just another ex-expatriate adjusting.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

On the ground in Narita

After the trials of dealing with a squeaky roller-bag (the price of going to Mustafa for your travel needs) and a moderately uncomfortable flight (thanks to the Japanese loving warmth) I am now on the ground in Narita.

Soon, I'm off to take a shower; for now I'm using as much of the 100 yen for 10 minutes Internet as I can. No free broadband?! I'm shocked and disheartened. But still, it's infinitely better than O'Hare will be.

Consider: I touched down at 7:40, have had two cigarettes, a 10 minute massage from a roller chair and a quad-shot Starbucks mocha. Soon there will be a shower and food. I will then feel vaguely human. Will I get this at O'Hare? Will I bollocks.

Maybe the Starbucks, if I'm lucky, and once I'm outside, the ciggies. Why oh why can't American airports be as comfortable as Asian ones?

Incidentally, the spread on a JPY/SGD exchange in Narita is quite stunning. 73/83! 10 yen on every SGD -- what a trade.

I am so looking forward to a shower... Flights leave you vaguely inhuman. Showers bring you back to humanity.

Later, when I reach Chicago.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Ng Wai Chung said...

Let me know when you get back.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:31:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home