Just another ex-expatriate adjusting.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

母の日

This weekend was pretty good at the start, less so at the end.

Friday I went to Sim Lim with Jo and Mike, bummed around and ended up playing mahjong till 6am. Saturday, I had lunch at Apollo Banana Leaf Restaurant down Race Course Road with Pa and Sheila; the curry fish head was excellent. I haven't had a fish head that sweet and well cooked for a long time. I also had dinner with Sue and Kevin at Kazu, a yakitori place in Cuppage Plaza. The yakitori was really quite excellent, on par with some of the places I've eaten at in Tokyo. Then more mahjong.

Today I went to see Ma at the nursing home. Not a good day; I spent the rest of the day at the video arcade burning through $1 coins to de-stress. It's not a pretty sight.

All in all, quite a typical Mother's Day...

To add a little joy to the day, I present to you the NHS Yorkshire medical dictionary.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah! Love the NHS dictionary! I heard about this but didn't think it actually existed!

Monday, May 15, 2006 12:44:00 AM

 
Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Are you alive O'Admiral?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:28:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home